Why live with us?
While a 100% allergen-free location is impossible, the Department of Residence (DOR) has taken steps to provide a less stressful, on-campus, experience for those who absolutely need it.
Located in Martin Hall, Coov-Lace, the Allergen Awareness House (AAH) community works together to limit allergy triggers in a space that has been slightly modified to serve students with the most severe of allergies. To be considered for AAH you must:
- Be registered with the ISU Student Accessibility Services (SAS) office as having documented, severe allergies that cause life-limiting, and/or anaphylaxis-inducing reactions. Click here for details on the SAS registration process and documentation requirements. (Roommate pairs or groups will require only one student to be registered with SAS, but all community members will be subject to common allergen restrictions and other community standards.)
- Have submitted a Housing and Accommodation Request form to the DOR. Please visit Housing Accommodation page for details.
2023-2024 partial list of prohibited items:
- Peanuts and peanut products
- Tree nuts and tree nut products including almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, etc.
- Fish and shellfish
- Any and all animals (pet dander)
- Dust / Mold
Individuals registered with Student Accessibility Services (SAS) who experience life-limiting or anaphylaxis-inducing allergic reactions.