Why live with us?
The Program for Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) is a university department on campus focused on supporting female-identifying undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) majors at Iowa State. From encouraging girls to consider STEM majors to empowering undergraduate students to thrive in STEM careers, WiSE advocates for diversity and inclusion throughout the science and engineering community.
WiSE residential clusters offers a community for female-identifying undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) majors. Students have the option of living with other first-year female students enrolled in STEM majors where women remain underrepresented.
Offered in conjunction with the ISU Department of Residence, the WiSE residential clusters places participants on one of 15 residence hall floors with 19 other undergraduate women in science and engineering. Options include the Union Drive, Richardson Court, and South Campus Neighborhoods:
- Friley: Henderson, Pennell, Palmer and O’Bryan
- Martin: Campbell
- Eaton: Tilden
- Helser: Rowe
- Willow: Bates and Tompkins
- Buchanan: Fuller
- Geoffroy: Tiffany
WiSE is available for any female-identifying first-year student who is majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) discipline.
- Aerospace Engineering (Launch Pad)
- Agricultural Education and Studies (AGEDS)
- Agriculture & Biosystems Engineering
- Agriculture Community Encourages Success (ACES)
- CALS Transfer
- Chemical Engineering (ChE)
- Common Threads
- Computer Engineering Learning Teams (CELTs)
- Computer Science
- Connect Four
- Design Exchange
- Electrical Engineering
- Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN)
- Honors Cluster
- Honors House
- Leadership Through Engineering Academic Diversity (LEAD)
- Natural Resource Ecology & Management Freshmen Learning Community (NREM)
- Science of the Environment and Sustainable Systems
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) First-Year
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) Transfer