Why live with us?
The Agricultural and Biological Systems Engineering Learning Community focuses on creating a learning environment that enhances our freshmen, sophomore and junior students’ academic experience at Iowa State. Our freshmen learning community focuses on linking students within engineering basic program courses and our orientation course. The sophomore and junior learning communities focus on linking our Agricultural and Biological Systems Engineering fundamentals courses with engineering statistics and biological sciences. Upperclassmen serve as in-class mentors to help facilitate meaningful discussions and interaction opportunities. Faculty interaction is also a key focus of these learning communities. Several social events take place over the academic year.
Agricultural and Biological Systems Engineering freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.
- Aerospace Engineering (Launch Pad)
- Agricultural Education and Studies (AGEDS)
- Agriculture & Biosystems Engineering
- Agriculture Community Encourages Success (ACES)
- CALS Transfer
- Chemical Engineering (ChE)
- Common Threads
- Computer Engineering Learning Teams (CELTs)
- Computer Science
- Connect Four
- Design Exchange
- Electrical Engineering
- Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN)
- Honors Cluster
- Honors House
- Leadership Through Engineering Academic Diversity (LEAD)
- Natural Resource Ecology & Management Freshmen Learning Community (NREM)
- Science of the Environment and Sustainable Systems
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) First-Year
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) Transfer