stay a year!
Guest Housing offers fully-furnished apartments for Iowa State University-affiliated people. You can be an ISU employee, visiting scholar, scientist, researcher or post doc. You can also be part of an organization that has a contract with Iowa State and the ISUCard office that gives members an ISUCard.
The rate for Guest Housing is $48 per apartment, per day and includes all utilities: water, garbage, wireless internet service, electricity, and gas. A minimum seven-day stay is required and rent is conveniently billed monthly – either directly to your Ubill or to your sponsoring ISU Department
- If you have more than 24 people or need more than six apartments, please contact our Conference Services office as Guest Housing isn’t intended for large or long-term groups.
- Iowa State student? Visit our Contracts & Assignments page for information on how to submit a contract for on-campus housing. Guest Housing is not available to ISU students.
Guest Housing is located in Schilletter Village Apartments, our family housing area on the north side of campus. Apartments are fully-furnished and have a living room, two bedrooms, an eat-in kitchen and a full bathroom Furnishings include:
- Living Room: Three-seat leather sofa, leather arm chair, coffee table, TV cabinet, TV, window air-conditioner, table lamp and desk.
- Kitchen: Table and chairs, refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishes, utensils, pans, baking dishes, toaster, coffeemaker and hand mixer.
- Bathroom: The bathroom has a tub/shower combination, toilet and sink. Towels and washcloths are provided.
- Bedrooms: The first bedroom is either set up with a queen bed and a dresser OR a set of bunk beds and a dresser. The second bedroom has bunk beds, a dresser and a desk. Clothes hangers, pillows and all bed linens are provided.
Apartments also have an iron, ironing board and vacuum cleaner.
SUV Community Center: The building is home to the SUV Office and also has a computer lab, large conference room, multipurpose room and a community kitchen available to guests.
Transportation: CyRide makes regular stops in the SUV community. Routes travel to campus and throughout the city of Ames. View current routes at cyride.com
Laundry and Cleaning: During the time that you are with us, your apartment is your personal home and yours to clean. While linens are provided, guests are required to do their own laundry. A central community laundry facility is available that accepts credit cards or CyCash.