Why live with us?
Students in the Technology Learning Community (TLC) get a head start on their college careers by getting involved in their major and with Agriculture & Biosystems Engineering (ABE) faculty as soon as they step on campus. Upperclassmen serve as Peer Mentors to help guide TLC students in their transition into Iowa State. TLC students take courses together and enhance their skills in mathematics, physical science, problem solving, and competencies necessary for career success. Social activities and the Industrial Technology (ITec) and Agricultural Systems Technology (AST) student clubs help round out the TLC learning community experience. (Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering – is the home department for AST and ITec).
Students majoring in Industrial Technology and Agricultural Systems Technology can join the Technology Learning Community.
Industrial Technology Adviser: Tamara Kerns
- Aerospace Engineering (Launch Pad)
- Agricultural Education and Studies (AGEDS)
- Agriculture & Biosystems Engineering
- Agriculture Community Encourages Success (ACES)
- CALS Transfer
- Chemical Engineering (ChE)
- Common Threads
- Computer Engineering Learning Teams (CELTs)
- Computer Science
- Connect Four
- Design Exchange
- Electrical Engineering
- Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN)
- Honors Cluster
- Honors House
- Leadership Through Engineering Academic Diversity (LEAD)
- Natural Resource Ecology & Management Freshmen Learning Community (NREM)
- Science of the Environment and Sustainable Systems
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) First-Year
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) Transfer