Why live with us?
The Design Exchange Learning Community is a full year living and learning experience open to direct from high school first-year students enrolled in any major in the College of Design. The residential component allows students to build a support network as they transition to ISU and the College of Design. All Design Exchange students are enrolled in a one credit seminar each semester (DSN S 110 in fall and DSN S 111 in spring) that encourages their personal, social and intellectual development. All students will take DSN S 131 and DSN S 183 in the fall together. They will take DSN S 102 in the Spring. Students also participate in academic and social activities arranged by a peer mentor.
Open to all majors in the College of Design: Art and Design, Integrated Studio Arts, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Industrial Design and Community and Regional Planning.
- Aerospace Engineering (Launch Pad)
- Agricultural Education and Studies (AGEDS)
- Agriculture & Biosystems Engineering
- Agriculture Community Encourages Success (ACES)
- CALS Transfer
- Chemical Engineering (ChE)
- Common Threads
- Computer Engineering Learning Teams (CELTs)
- Computer Science
- Connect Four
- Design Exchange
- Electrical Engineering
- Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN)
- Honors Cluster
- Honors House
- Leadership Through Engineering Academic Diversity (LEAD)
- Natural Resource Ecology & Management Freshmen Learning Community (NREM)
- Science of the Environment and Sustainable Systems