Why live with us?
Army ROTC has been a part of the history at ISU since its first classes were held in 1869. Although a student could not obtain a commission under the program in the early years, he could obtain a degree by completing the four-year course.
More than 5,000 Officers have been commissioned through ISU Army ROTC. Cadets from the Battalion perform very well resulting in an above average number of Distinguished Military Graduates, and most importantly, highly qualified and motivated lieutenants who are well prepared to provide Army soldiers the leadership they deserve. The Cyclone Battalion continues to be one of the premier Army ROTC programs in the country, with more than 75 cadets enrolled in Military Science classes at Iowa State.
Army ROTC (Reserve Officers’ Training Corps) is one of the best leadership courses in the country and offers classes you can take as electives within your normal college curriculum. You can take up to the first two years of the program without having to contract to serve in the Army.
- Aerospace Engineering (Launch Pad)
- Agricultural Education and Studies (AGEDS)
- Agriculture & Biosystems Engineering
- Agriculture Community Encourages Success (ACES)
- CALS Transfer
- Chemical Engineering (ChE)
- Common Threads
- Computer Engineering Learning Teams (CELTs)
- Computer Science
- Connect Four
- Design Exchange
- Electrical Engineering
- Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN)
- Honors Cluster
- Honors House
- Leadership Through Engineering Academic Diversity (LEAD)
- Natural Resource Ecology & Management Freshmen Learning Community (NREM)
- Science of the Environment and Sustainable Systems
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) First-Year
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) Transfer