What comes in my room?
It’s one of the biggest questions we get! You want to know what comes in your room so you know what to bring.
Each will get their own:
- Lofted bed and an extra long twin mattress (36″ x 80″ x 8″)
- Desk and desk chair
- Wardrobe or closet for each student (with the exception of a handful of rooms in Friley)
Each room will have:
- Window coverings
- Dresser – many rooms have drawers built in to wardrobes. If that’s the case, the room will not have a dresser
- Recycling bin
Visit the Frederiksen Court or SUV Apartment page for specific furniture information in apartments. And, visit your specific hall page to learn more about the type of furniture in your building.
Common Area Furniture
All halls have common areas like dens, study lounges and other spaces perfect for hanging out. That furniture is for the residents of the specific house/floor and can’t be removed from the common area. If it’s found in a student’s room, the occupants of the residence will be charged accordingly.
Decorating & Furniture you bring
It’s your blank slate! But, we do have some rules when it comes to what you do and how you hang your stuff:
- No holes in the walls. Don’t use nails, screws, or tacks on the walls. Some adhesive tape can also cause damage. Please hang items using Command Strips or poster putty (test a small spot first).
- No wallpapering or painting. If you feel your room needs painting, submit a Service Request and a staff member will be sent to your room to assess.
You’re welcome to bring additional furniture – what goes in, must come out! It’s also a good idea to talk with your roommate(s) so you can plan out the space.
If you use your own furniture, storing the furniture that came with your room is your responsibility. It can’t be put in dens, stairwells or hallways. All of the provided furniture must be in its original location and condition when you check out or you will be charged for it.
You and your roommate(s) are also each permitted to bring your own refrigerator so long as it no taller than 43 inches and is under 700 watts. If you are bringing a refrigerator/microwave combination unit, it must have power guard (refrigerator/freezer turns off when microwave is in use).