Spring Break 2023 (March 10-19, 2023)
Whether you’re staying on campus or traveling for spring break, keep reading for important information!
Exterior building doors will be locked at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 10, and will unlock at 7 a.m. on Monday, March 20. Carry your access card and keys with you at all times.
Don’t prop doors open or let strangers into the apartments/residence halls. Visitors must be escorted at all times. Anyone who has gained or provided illegal access to the on-campus residences during break will be subject to disciplinary and/or legal action. All policies are enforced during break.
Staff may enter your room during break to ensure the steps below have been followed. Room repairs and/or maintenance may also happen over break (checking smoke detectors, replacing filters, etc).
If you’re leaving for break, we need you to do the following for safety, security and prevention:
- Close and lock all windows.
- Set heat to correct temperature (see below in the chart).
- Take out the garbage.
- Move items at least two feet away from heaters (filters may be replaced over break)
- Turn off your lights and unplug non-essential items.
- Take valuable items home. The Department of Residence is not liable for loss, theft or damage of residents’ property.
- Lock your door.
ISU Police are here during break and can be reached at 515-294-4428. For emergencies, dial 911.
Department of Residence staff will be on duty 24 hours a day. If you need assistance, call the RA on Duty number for your area.
Use the online service request for routine maintenance needs. If it’s an emergency maintenance need, call 515-294-3322 during business hours. If it’s after hours, call your RA on Duty.
There will be limited mail service available during spring break. Starting Saturday, March 11, through Saturday, March 18, the Frederiksen Court Mail Room, UDCC Mail Center, Geoffroy Hall Desk, Cornerstone, MWL Hall Desk and Wallace Hall Desk will be open from 3-5 p.m. for package pickup and other desk services.
Parking will be enforced in Reserved, General Staff and Medical Permit spots. You will be able to park in any student parking areas.
If you have any questions, please contact your RA.
Thanks, and enjoy your spring break!
Make sure you follow the heat settings listed below anytime you leave campus. If you don’t? Pipes can break and flooding can damage your belongings.
Heat Settings for Each Building
- Friley – Set convector thermostat on a medium setting and fan switch ON. Steam radiators should be set on a medium setting of 2 to 3.
- Eaton, Martin, Buchanan – Set wall thermostat to 70.
- Helser – Lever on baseboard heating unit should be open and baseboard should have nothing in front of it so heat can flow freely in to the room.
- Maple – Set wall thermostat to medium heat setting and fan switch ON.
- Willow and Larch – Set the LED fan button to low, then set the up down arrow buttons to show 70 degrees.
- Linden, BWR, BLF and Oak-Elm – Set thermostat knob on the radiator to a medium setting of 2 or 3.
- Oak-Elm ‘New Hall’ – Lever should be open for heat.
- Geoffroy – Set wall thermostat to medium heat setting of 70 degrees and fan switch ON.
- Wallace – Base board heat — with flaps on top open.
- Frederiksen Court / SUV – Set thermostat to 70.