Whether you’re staying on campus or traveling for spring break, we’re here to assist you!
For increased security during break, residence hall exterior doors lock at 7 p.m. On Friday, March 11, and will unlock at 7 a.m. on Monday, March 21. Carry your keys & ISU card with you at all times. Don’t prop doors open or let strangers in to the residence halls
Staff will be on call 24/7. Please call the on-duty number listed in your building. As always, call 911 for emergencies.
There will be limited mail service available during sping break. Starting Saturday, March 12, through Saturday, March 19, the UDCC Mail Center, Geoffroy Hall Desk, Cornerstone, and the MWL Hall Desk will be open from 3-5pm for package pickup and other desk services.
All policies are enforced during break.
Visitors must be escorted at all times. Anyone who has gained or provided illegal access to the apartments or halls during break will be subject to disciplinary and/or legal action.
Parking will be enforced in Reserved, General Staff and Medical Permit spots. You will be able to park in any student parking areas.
Staff may enter your apartment/room during break to complete room checks (follow all break procedures!), for room repairs and/or for routine maintenance.
Make sure you follow the heat settings listed below anytime you leave campus. If you don’t? Pipes can break and flooding can damage your belongings.
Heat Settings for Each Building
- Friley – Set convector thermostat on a medium setting and fan switch ON. Steam radiators should be set on a medium setting of 2 to 3.
- Eaton, Martin, Buchanan – Set wall thermostat to 70
- Helser – Lever on baseboard heating unit should be open and baseboard should have nothing in front of it so heat can flow freely in to the room
- Maple – Set wall thermostat to medium heat setting and fan switch ON
- Willow and Larch – Set the LED fan button to low, then set the up down arrow buttons to show 70 degrees.
- Linden, BWR, BLF and Oak-Elm – Set thermostat knob on the radiator to a medium setting of 2 or 3.
- Oak-Elm ‘New Hall’ – Lever should be open for heat.
- Geoffroy – Set wall thermostat to medium heat setting of 70 degrees and fan switch ON.
- Frederiksen Court / SUV – Set thermostat to 70