Fall Break Information - 2018
All exterior doors will lock beginning at 7 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 16, and unlock at 7 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 26. You can stay in your building and staff will be available 24/7 by calling your regular CA on Duty number.
Pay attention to the email sent to you by your Hall Director. If you plan to leave, make sure your heat is on and set to the proper settings. Take out your trash, move items at least two feet away from your heater and lock your door.
Heat Settings for Each Building
- Friley - Set convector thermostat on a medium setting and fan switch ON. Steam radiators should be set on a medium setting of 2 to 3.
- Eaton, Martin, Buchanan - Set wall thermostat to 70
- Helser, Wallace, Wilson - Lever on baseboard heating unit should be open and unobstructed for heat.
- Maple - Set wall thermostat to medium heat setting and fan switch ON
- Willow and Larch - Set the LED fan button to low, then set the up down arrow buttons to show 70 degrees.
- Linden, BWR, BLF and Oak-Elm - Set thermostat knob on the radiator to a medium setting of 2 or 3.
- Oak-Elm New Hall - Lever should be open for heat.
- Geoffroy - Set wall thermostat to medium heat setting of 70 degrees and fan switch ON.
Staff may enter your room during break for room checks, routine maintenance (changing filters, etc) and/or to complete work orders.
Geoffroy, UDCC, MWL, Cornerstone, Wallace-Wilson and Legacy desks are open the following hours during break:
- Saturday, Nov. 17 - Noon to 3 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 18 - Wednesday, Nov. 21 - 3 to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 22, and Friday, Nov. 23 - CLOSED
- Saturday, Nov. 24 - 3 to 5 p.m.
- Regular desk hours for all locations resume on Sunday, Nov. 25, at 1 p.m.