- In the On-Campus Housing Contract Terms and Conditions
- As part of the Contracting process – you must agree to the Cancellation Policy before you can submit your contract
- In the Contract Confirmation email you receive after submitting your contract;
- In letters, postcards, emails, posters, bulletin boards, newsletters, table tents etc. put out by the DOR throughout the year.
If you decide to cancel, please be aware of the following:
- Residents with contracts that include both fall and spring:
- March 1 for Returners and May 1 for New Admits
- Residents with spring only contracts:
- November 1 for all students
- Residents who contract after the cancellation deadline has passed:
- Two weeks (fourteen days) from the receipt date of their contract
If you have not yet moved in, your cancel date is the date you submit your cancellation request. If you have moved in, your cancel date is the date you complete a proper check-out.
- 50% Housing - You will be charged 50% of the remaining value of your housing contract for both fall and spring. If you are unassigned, you will be charged 50% of the value of a Wilson double room.
- 80% Dining - You will be charged 80% of the remaining value of your dining contract for both fall and spring. There is no refund for unused Dining Dollar$ and un-issued Dining Dollar$ will be issued and billed at face value. If you are in a meal plan required area and have not yet selected a plan, you will be charged 80% of the value of the Gold Plan.
- Forfeiture of Prepayment - If you paid the $125 prepayment it will be forfeited.
- If you have already moved in, in addition to the housing and dining penalties and forfeiture of the prepayment, you will also be charged room and board until you have officially moved-out.
- Residents leaving ISU for any reason
- Residents going on a for-credit co-op, internship, student teaching, or study abroad experience. These individuals must also submit a Waiver form.
- Residents in Frederiksen, Legacy, and SUV who successfuly complete a Contract Assumption
Students cancelling for reasons other than those listed above can submit a Penalty Appeal to see if they are eligible for an exception.
- New Admits - Before moving in, newly admitted students who wish to cancel their admission and housing must withdraw through the Application Change Form. Submitting this form will cancel the housing contract, so it is unnecessary to also contact the DOR.
- AccessPlus - This is the preferred method. To cancel your contract in AccessPlus, follow these steps: Cancel Your Contract.
- Cancellation Form - If you can't use AccessPlus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive this form.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL VERBAL CANCELLATIONS BE ACCEPTED.