Our online process makes it easy to move around campus during designated times of the year. Want to move to a different room, floor or even a different building? No problem! You will just need to follow the process and timeline below. All assignment changes are made in the Housing Portal.
Assignment Change Instructions
Our team is here to help whether you’re an incoming student looking to switch rooms before you move in or a current student who wants to move to a different room. To help navigate the process in the Housing Portal, be sure to take a look at the following guides
- For Room Changes made during the semester, view this guide: Room Change Guide
- For Room Changes made during the summer or as part of Recontracting, view this guide: Change my Assignment Guide
Assignment Change Policies
- Occupying more than one room/apartment, except while in the process of conducting an assignment change is prohibited.
- Under no circumstances will the Department of Residence move one resident based on the request of another.
- For changes initiated for a future semester, check-in / out information and deadlines will be communicated via email and/or on our website. Failure to follow these instructions may result in release of the reservation and administrative charges.
- Within suites or apartments, bedroom changes must be initiated using the Housing Portal. You must maintain possession of the keys to your assignment.
Checking in and Out
You’re responsible for following all check-in and check-out procedures listed below when you choose to relocate during the semester.
- After you receive a confirmation email, wait until the following day at 12:00 noon to go to the Hall Desk / Office of your new space and pick up your keys
- Move all of your belongings from your old space to your new space
- Clean your old space, take out all trash, and ensure all furniture provided are present and assembled (you will be charged for missing furniture)
- Complete a proper checkout and return your keys within 3 days by either
- contacting your RA to set up a time to checkout OR
- going to the Hall Desk / Office of your old space to complete an express checkout packet
It’s really important to clean thoroughly and follow all steps listed above. Failure to do so could result in charges for improper check-out, lock changes, and/or cleaning and maintenance. Staff will inspect your room/apartment shortly after you leave. If you are assessed charges, they will be billed directly to your Ubill. Billing could take up to 60 days and it’s your responsibility to review your Ubill.