Student Office Assistant
BE A STUDENT OFFICE ASSISTANT
Serving as primary reception for the Department of Residence in the Administrative Services office, Student Office Assistants serve as the face of the DOR and ISU to students, families, faculty, staff and others. They help us create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere when greeting visitors with professionalism and enthusiasm. Student Office Assistants are knowledgeable on almost all aspects of the Cyclone experience – as well all the information on the DOR and ISU Dining Web sites. They also assists with the use of StarRez to manage on-campus contracts and assignments. Additional duties include responding to phone calls and e-mails, data entry and management, alphabetizing and filing, other duties as requested.
- Good academic standing: a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or better is required
- Availability to work 10-20 hours per week
- Ability and willingness to work for multiple semesters (summers are preferred, but not required)
- On-campus living experience at ISU preferred, but not required.
- Excitement and pride for ISU and a willingness to learn about and share all aspects of the Cyclone experience.
- Ability to present and represent ISU and DOR.
- Understanding and appreciation of the diverse experiences of students, visitors, and members of university communities.
- Customer service, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Dependability, flexibility, unflappability, and self-confidence.
- Attention to detail and organization – including knowledge of the alphabet. 😉
Wages and Benefits:
Starting hourly wage is $13.00 per hour, with opportunity for increases the longer you work with us. Work Study funds are accepted, but are not a requirement. Please Note: ISU students are permitted to work up to a total of 20 hours per week when classes are in session and up to a total of 40 hours per week during breaks, even if the student has multiple jobs on-campus.
The Student Office Assistant position is a great springboard to other career opportunities – regardless of your field of interest. By working in our offices you will: sharpen your interpersonal communication and customer service skills, enhance your problem-solving abilities, learn more about campus and DOR resources, develop professional relationships with students and staff, acquire valuable leadership skills and work in a fun and challenging atmosphere with great people.
DOR ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES OFFICE
- Located at 2419 Friley Hall
- Office hours are Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- For more information email email@example.com, call 515-294-2900, or visit 2419 Friley Hall