Some typical house committees might include:
- Plans social events for the house, such as house parties, activities with other houses, canoe trips, etc.
- Ensures that all house social events are in accordance with house, residence life, and university policies.
- Discusses and recommends expenditures to the house.
- Plans the educational activities for the house, including programs on academics, diversity, leadership, and personal development.
- Invites guest speakers to house meetings.
Philanthropy/Community Service Committee:
- Plans service activities for the house.
- Discusses issues related to a clean and healthy house environment and campus community.
- Recognizes accomplishments of house members.
- Recognizes birthdays for house members.
House History and Traditions Committee:
- Maintains historical house records, such as old yearbooks, scrapbooks, notes, pictures, etc.
- Records current house activities through words and pictures.