With over 400 full-time, part-time and student employees, the Department of Residence is one of the largest non-academic departments on campus. Our residence life, facilities, administrative, business, marketing, conference and technology staff work to ensure a supportive learning and social environment where students can thrive as they pursue their Iowa State adventure.
To serve as the premier living environment for advancing student success at Iowa State University.
To advance student success at Iowa State University by providing the most supportive and inclusive living/learning communities.
The Department of Residence is dedicated to providing a student-centered, co-curricular environment that enhances the academic mission of the university, and which embodies the belief that learning at Iowa State University has no physical boundaries. Through the programs, services, and interactions provided by the Department of Residence, students are empowered to become engaged learners, responsible citizens, dynamic leaders, and individuals who are guided by integrity. We are committed to challenging Iowa State University students to broaden their world view in a campus culture that values and respects individual differences.
The Department of Residence staff is proactive regarding student needs and interests. Staff challenges students to expand their horizons and to make healthy and ethical decisions. A hallmark of our operating style is the creation of collaborative partnerships with students, their families, faculty, staff, and alumni that foster the development and transformation of students within a supported and healthy campus community. As professional educators we are committed to constantly improving our knowledge and skills in order to provide the optimal educationally purposeful environment for our students.
- Student Success: Ensuring students persist, graduate and experience success.
- Community Engagement: Empowering students to become engaged learners, responsible citizens and dynamic leaders
- Outstanding Facilities: Providing facilities that serve students well.
- Health and Support: Offering programs and structures that foster a supportive and healthy community.
- Resource Management: Improving staff knowledge, skills, and management of resources for optimal, educationally purposeful environment.