- Iowa State Resources: Comprehensive campus resources and information can be found here.
- Testing: COVID-19 testing information can be found here.
- Vaccines: COVID-19 vaccination information can be found here.
- Health Center: Thielen Student Health Center information can be found here.
- Medical Emergencies: Always call 911.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please click here to see testing options available to you. In the meantime, we recommend wearing a mask and social distancing from others. Student notifications and moves to isolation will be completed during the following hours:
- Weekdays 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Positive COVID-19 Test Results
Tests at Thielen Student Health Center: If you get a positive COVID-19 test from an on campus site managed by Thielen Student Health, you will be contacted by a member of Iowa State’s Public Health Team with directions on how to complete your isolation (and move to isolation housing if you choose to complete isolation at Iowa State).
Tests at Off-Campus Sites: If you test positive for COVID-19 at a location that is NOT managed by Thielen Student Health Center, report your positive test result using the button below.
What happens if I test positive and need to move to isolation housing?
On campus students who test positive for COVID-19 can expect the following process:
- You will receive an email with your positive test result from on-campus testing sites. (Note: If you test off campus, you need to self report your positive test result).
- Once your positive case is identified (via on campus testing or the self-report form) a member of the Public Health Team will contact you.
- You will choose where you want to isolate.
- Residence hall students – You can move to isolation residence hall (Linden), or you can isolate at home.
- Frederiksen Court or SUV residents – You can choose to remain in your apartment (if you have your own bedroom), move to the isolation residence hall (Linden) or you can isolate at home.
If you choose to go to on-campus isolation housing, the process is as follows:
- Gather the items you need for up to two weeks and put them in the center of your room. Review this packing list of suggested items to take with you.
- A moving team will arrive at your room as soon as possible. They will gather your belongings and load them in to a vehicle.
- You will ride in the vehicle with your belongings to Linden Hall.
- The moving team will take your items to your room and give you keys. They will also give you a packet of detailed information about living in isolation housing and the resources available there to support you.
- When you are cleared to return to your normal area, the team will move you back.
If you choose to go home:
- The person contacting you will give you guidance on practices to follow while you’re at home and clear your return to campus.
What happens if I need to quarantine?
You will be notified by a member of Iowa State’s Public Health team if you have been in close contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive and you need to quarantine. They will provide you with details on how to complete your quarantine. If you need to move to Linden Hall to complete your quarantine, the process above is what you will follow.
If you are concerned you may need to quarantine, please contact Thielen Student Health Center for guidance.
What is Isolation / Quarantine Housing Like?
Isolation and quarantine housing are in Linden Hall. This is available to support students who need isolation / quarantine. Over the past year, many students have lived in IQ housing and successfully return to their permanent assignment. This space is intended to provide students the basics of a place to stay and meals delivered while you have time to recover. While past students wouldn’t describe this experience as enjoyable due to spending significant time alone – this would be true wherever you need to isolate / quarantine.
For the safety of our staff, interactions will be very limited. Full information about meal delivery, resources and other details about living in isolation / quarantine housing can be found here and will be provided upon check in. Additional meal delivery information is here.
Your room will be furnished with a bed, desk, desk chair and a space (closet or wardrobe) to hang clothing. You will have your own room. The building does not have air conditioning.
Be sure to review the packing list bring bedding.