Coronavirus and Accommodation Availability
As of 3/30/20
Peter Englin, our Assistant Vice President, has directed our Conference Services program to plan for business as usual. We will be issuing Conference Services contracts as planned. If you would like to cancel your conference (or camp) program, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Continue to check this site where I will list any changes. Thank you so much for your anticipated patience and remember to stay safe!
As of 3/26/20
Currently we have no updates to share about the availability of accommodations for housing and dining for this current summer 2020.
Holds remain in place, but due to the coronavirus, we are experiencing uncertainty about the availability of housing and dining for Summer 2020. Questions have been passed on to our leadership for housing and dining and we are awaiting answers. If you would like to cancel your conference (or camp) program, please let us know by e-mailing email@example.com .
Continue to check this site where I will list the latest information we have and any possible indications of future news or changes. Thank you so much for your anticipated patience as we all work through these trying and uncertain times. Stay safe!
The Department of Residence and ISU Dining at Iowa State University provide accommodations for conferences, camps, and academic programs for participants of all ages. From approximately late May through the first few days of August, we offer a variety of housing and dining options such as:
- Rooms in residence halls and apartments that can accommodate up to approximately 6,500 guests
- Air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned rooms
- Linen service
- On-campus locations within walking distance of Iowa State Center, recreation facilities, or near campus classrooms
- Meeting rooms for small gatherings and presentations
- Computer labs
- Dining centers conveniently located within residence hall neighborhoods
- Convenience stores and cafés within residence hall and apartment neighborhoods
- Personalized caterings ranging from snacks, box meals, and picnics, to upscale dinners
Two distinct types of housing and dining accommodations are available for:
- Groups staying for under two weeks
- Groups staying 14 or more days for an ISU-sponsored academic program, referred to as Long-Term Academic Programs
Refer to links under the Conference Services menu for information on maps, building descriptions, meeting rooms, and student employment.