Recontracting for 2024-25
Did you know? You can pick the exact space you want next year! Keep your room, move down the hall, switch buildings, or move to an on-campus apartment – the choice is yours.
If you want to live in one of our residence halls, suites or apartments you’ll need to log into our housing portal, sign your contract and look for the space that best fits your needs. Explore different communities to make an informed decision by visiting some tour rooms. Visit our housing portal to sign your contract.
Re-contracting for 2024-25: Timeline
Mark your calendars!
Housing Contracts for 2024-2025 open for all current Iowa State students
Room Selection Window
- Feb. 1 – Choose to retain your current room
- Feb. 6-8 – Pull in preferred roommate (only for those who chose to retain their space)
- Feb. 13 – Apartment Selection begins at 9 a.m.
- Feb. 19 – Residence Hall Selection begins at 9 a.m.
- Feb. 29 – Room Selection closes at 11:59 p.m.
Deadline to cancel your contract without penalty
Any contracts that did not select a space will be cancelled to avoid the penalty
Contracts signed after March 1 will lose their priority and will be assigned a space in June/July after all new to Iowa State students (freshmen/transfers).
The process is simple and can be done online!
- Submit your contract for the 2024-25 academic year in the Housing Portal (StarRez)
- Decide if you want to stay in your hall, move to a different hall, live in a suite or live in one of our apartments.
- Form a roommate group and search leader in StarRez (only one person in a group can search for rooms at a time)
- Take your pick of rooms!
- You can cancel your contract without penalty if you cancel before March 1, 2024.