Friley Bathroom Renovation Project – Update
The Friley Bathroom Renovation project is back on! You may start seeing crews on site soon; construction is scheduled to begin Monday, Feb. 12.
You may remember that, due to circumstances beyond our control, the Friley Bathroom Renovation Project (impacting Dodds, Murphy, Pennell, and Lorch-Russell houses) was put on hold this past semester.
The project will continue throughout the semester and summer. Crews will be on-site Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Any loud work will start no earlier than 9 a.m. and wrap up around 5 p.m. If any weekend work is needed to keep the project on schedule, we will notify you of the dates and times workers will be on site. In addition, no work will be done during prep or finals weeks.
Please know that during construction:
- Workers will access the building through the freight elevator and stairwell within the construction zone. Any workers associated with the project will have an ID badge visible while they are working on the project.
- Portions of hallways on floors where construction will occur will be closed. No students will be allowed in those posted areas.
- Those areas will have temporary walls constructed in hallways to separate residents from construction.
- There will be emergency egress access through the construction zone if needed.
- Both laundry rooms will be available for use.
- To access the west side of Friley from within the building you will need to use the second floor. You’ll have to briefly go outside across the arch breezeway.
Once completed, the bathrooms will have new toilets and showers with floor to ceiling walls and doors for full privacy and all showers will contain a separate dressing area. Each bathroom will include a fully accessible toilet and shower rooms. Additionally, a full bathroom (sink, toilet, shower) will be accessed from the hallway for use by residents of the house and their guests.
This is the first phase of a three-phase project. The remaining bathrooms in Friley will undergo similar renovation. More details on those project timelines will be sent out when they have been finalized. Watch your email for more details.