If you’re looking for things to do in Ames that are fun and you can enjoy the beautiful weather (and maintain physical distance), be sure to check out this list! Grab your friends and enjoy the outdoors!
- Ada Hayden – This park has a paved trail that loops around a pond. It’s awesome for running, walking and even kayaking!
- Brookside – Within walking distance of campus, it’s a great place for a stroll through the woods or a picnic.
- George Tsushima Memorial Skate Park – Right by Brookside, grab your board and practice your skills. Or, hang out and watch some talented riders!
- Moore Memorial Park – In north Ames, it’s a great place to bike to and enjoy some outdoor studying by the pond.
- Nutty Woods Nature Path – Go disappear in nature while you’re still in the middle of a city on this beautiful nature trail.
Story Count Conservation and Parks – If you venture just outside of Ames, Story County has even more opportunities for outdoor activities. McFarland Park is one location that has over five miles of trails and a fishing lake stocked with bluegill, bass and catfish.