Allergy Alert & Aware House (AAAH)
- Individuals registered with Student Disability Resources who experience life-limiting or anaphylaxis-inducing allergic reactions.
- While a 100% allergen-free location is impossible, the Department of Residence (DOR) has taken steps to provide a less stressful, on-campus, experience for those who absolutely need it. New for Fall 2017, the DOR is offering the Allergy Alert & Aware House (AAAH).
Located in Martin Hall, Coov-Lace, the AAAH community works together to limit allergy triggers in a space that has been slightly modified to serve students with the most severe of allergies. To be considered for AAAH you must:
1. Be registered with the ISU Student Disability Resources (SDR) office as having documented, severe allergies that cause life-limiting, and/or anaphylaxis-inducing reactions. Please visit https://www.sdr.dso.iastate.edu/ for details on the SDR registration process and documentation requirements. (Roommate pairs or groups will require only one student to be registered with SDR, but all community members will be subject to common allergen restrictions and other community standards.)
2. Have submitted a Housing and Accommodation Request form to the DOR. Please visit http://www.housing.iastate.edu/contracts/requests.html for details.
- Administrative Services Office