Summer 2023 Contracts
Why go through the hassle of subleasing off-campus? Summer is more convenient and less-expensive once you factor in travel time, safety, cable, internet, and utilities, etc.
Summer Contracts open in the housing portal Wednesday March 8, 2023.
- Housing will be in Geoffroy Hall and in Frederiksen Court (FC), Schilletter Village (SV) and University Village (UV) apartments.
- FC buildings 13, 21, 22, 23 & 31 are CLOSED for summer 2023. (This list is updated as of March 10. It was previously posted that the 70’s would be closed but they will now be open for the summer.)
- FC, SV, and UV ARE NOT AVAILABLE as summer only assignments.
- To be eligible to live in these locations, you must live there spring 2023.
- Only families may live in SV.
- A minimum two-week stay is required for summer. Residents staying less than two weeks will still be charged for two full weeks.
- Rates are available here.
Assignments will show in the housing portal on Friday, April 21, 2023.
- Due to only having 1 day between Spring 2023 and Summer 2023 and the need to limit the number of moves, summer assignments will be made as follows:
- If your spring 2023 assignment is in Geoffroy, FC, UV or SV, you will stay in the same space for summer.
- If your spring 2023 assignment is in any other locations, or you do not currently live on-campus, you will be assigned to Geoffroy Hall.
- Students may be able to transition to their fall 2023 assignments throughout the summer if/when the space becomes available.
- Your assignment isn’t final until you check-in. The condition of spaces can’t be known until the current residents leave.
- If the space is not ready, we may have to reassign you.
Meal plans are not required in any on-campus housing location during the summer. If you wish to purchase a Block Plan or Dining Dollars, you can do so in the Housing and Dining Portal. Descriptions of these options can be found on the ISU Dining website.
Qualified ADA Housing Requests
If you qualify for a medical accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and wish for that to be considered when your assignment is made, please submit a Housing Accommodation Request Form and documentation to Student Accessibility Services.
Cancellations for summer must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- Cancel deadlines are:
- May 1 = Entire Summer and Session 1 Only
- June 1= Session 2 Only
- While there is no cancellation penalty for summer, charges begin to accrue as of the scheduled move-in date, even if you have not yet moved in.
- These charges are non-refundable and continue to accrue until you have cancelled your contract and completed a proper move-out (if moved-in).
Summer Conference Housing
The above information is specifically for students, but Iowa State University is the perfect location for your next meeting or event! Whether it is sports camps, business meetings or an organizational function, our Conference Services staff offers quality accommodations, in an academic setting, at an exceptional price. For more information, please visit our Conference Services Web site.