Posting #: R7122
Quick Link: Residential Hall Coordinator
Title: Apartment/Residence Hall Coordinators
Employing Department: Residence
Appointment Conditions: Term, 12 Months, Full Time, Appointment ending 06-30-2023 with possibility of renewal.
Proposed Start Date: 07/01/2022
Job Description: The Apartment/Residence Hall Coordinators are live-in staff members who are responsible for creating a living/learning community that contributes to the personal and academic success of residents through collaboration with students, staff and faculty. The size of each residence community ranges from 300 to 2,700 residents. The major functions of these positions are to supervise a Resident Assistant Staff, provide direction and supervision in specific assignments (hall desk, student government, etc.), and respond to a wide variety of academic and personal development situations. Approximately half of the Apartment/Residence Hall Coordinators supervise a graduate assistant.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree.
- Related experience in a leadership position in a college environment.
- Experience as a Resident or Graduate Assistant.
- Experience working with academic initiatives; undergraduate students; staff supervision, selection and training; and judicial process.
- Experience working with, actively engaging with and supporting under-represented student populations.
- Experience with student organization advising.
- Experience with crisis intervention and/or front-line response to highly complex incidents.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications. Starting $38,655 plus apartment, board, Ethernet, laundry.
Special Conditions: Board provided when ISU Dining service is open. Required years of related experience are defined as full-time. However, part-time experience, whether paid or unpaid, will be credited equivalently. All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check.
Application must be submitted online. To apply for this position, https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/IowaStateJobs/job/Ames-IA/Residential-Hall-Coordinator_R7122 and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Application / Cover Letter
- Contact information for five references. Please include the relationship of each reference, i.e. supervisor, etc.
To ensure consideration, submit application by 02-01-2022.
If you have questions regarding this vacancy, please email Susan Lammers at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 515-294-8189.
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.