Founded in November 2020, the Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion in Campus Life at Iowa State University provides leadership related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) within the Campus Life (Department of Residence, ISU Dining and the Memorial Union) area of the Division of Student Affairs.
- We do this through providing DEI consultation services to the units within Campus Life, offering comprehensive Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) trainings, educational, and developmental opportunities.
- We also do this by offering programming opportunities that aim to elevate the community’s awareness, understanding, and appreciation of all forms of Diversity within the University and society, overall.
- We provide programming, consultation, and support on efforts focused on the recruitment, retention, holistic success and development, sense of community/belonging and graduation of staff and students, including those from underrepresented and marginalized students.
- We also work with departments to ensure that the constituents listed above as well as our customers and visitors within the Campus Life services have an amazing experience that regardless how they identify that they feel valued, respected, and appreciated while in our facilities and communities.
- We also collaborate and partner with campus and community partners on initiatives that aim to fulfill the University’s Principles of Community; specifically, as it relates to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and to address issues as it relates to campus climate, bias, and all forms of discrimination and harassment.