House Cabinet - Treasurer
General Position Responsibilities
- Prepares and submits a proposed budget to the Cabinet and the House by the third week of each semester for approval.
- Maintains financial records for the House.
- Collects any additional social dues, and any other payments as necessary.
- Pays all house bills (in conjunction with the House President and CA)
- Collects project statements from the Campus Organizations Accounting Office (3rd floor Memorial Union).
- Attends mandatory treasurer training session each year (provided by the Campus Organizations Accounting Office).
A House Treasurer should know:
- Where the Campus Organizations Accounting office is (3rd floor Memorial Union).
- When treasurer training sessions are held.
- How to keep a ledger.
- The account history of the house.
- How to fill out forms such as intramurals and vouchers.
**SPECIAL NOTE: All treasurers need to attend a Treasurer Training Session at the beginning of their term.
How should our house draft a budget?
As a house cabinet, look ahead to the semester's expenses and draft a budget. Do not be extravagant, but allow for some flexibility. Take notice of any house equipment that needs to be replaced, and big events such as homecoming and VEISHEA that might require extra expenses. Also keep in mind the goals you've set for programming and social events.
Dues are billed to students at the beginning of each academic year. The amount collected from each student is set at $10 per student, per year. This money is distributed to each hall council account.