House Cabinet - Other Positions
- Promotes and executes an intramural program within the house.
- Represents the house at intramural meetings on campus.
- Maintains house athletic equipment and trophies.
- Informs house of intramural opportunities on campus.
- Maintains a yearly journal/scrapbook of house activities.
- Serves as the steward for house memorabilia and historical documents.
- Plans and executes an alumni event for house alumni.
- Produces alumni newsletter which is distributed to house alumni once per semester.
- Promotes and educates the house community about recycling, i.e. what is recycled, how to recycle, etc.
- Gives reports to the house community on a regular basis
- Ensures appropriate signage is posted at the collection location and other areas as needed.
- Monitors the collection location on a daily basis, keeping it in good shape with clean containers, removing contamination and emptying containers before overflow occurs.
- Abides by the Cleanliness and Safety Expectations.
- Abides by the collection procedures established, getting materials to the pickup location as scheduled.
- Removes redeemable cans and bottles on a regular basis, taking these to HyVee or the Ames area Redemption so the monies can be kept by the House.
- Ensures the collection locations are cleared, clean, and in good shape for summer storage at the end of the spring semester finals week
- Keeps records of how much material is recycled each week.
- Creates a team of volunteers from the House that can assist with recycling needs.
- Assists with any special recycling efforts during Fall Move In and Spring Move Out.
- Works closely with Community Advisors, Hall Directors, and Custodial staff as needed to ensure a clean, safe, and successful recycling program.
- Maintains a list of birthdays for house members.
- Helps organize birthday celebrations for house members.