Best Room Contest
Think you have the best room on campus? Show it off and you could win!
Enter the contest using this link!
- Entries accepted through 11:59 p.m. on January 17, 2018
- Judges will choose the top 15 entries on January 18 and 19
- One photo from each entry will be made available for public voting on Facebook. The three pictures with the most likes win!
- Public voting will happen on the Department of Residence Facebook page from 7 a.m. on Jan. 22 through 11:59 p.m. on Jan. 26. Voting is open to anyone.
- Winners will be announced once votes are tallied
- Jan. 27 - March 5, winning rooms agree to be professionally photographed. Prizes are awarded once room is photogrpahed.
- You must submit a minimum of six photos. In your entry, you will also upload the photo you want used in the public voting portion of the contest should you be selected as one of the finalists.
- Only one entry per room will be accepted.
- Residence Halls - entire room is eligible for entry
- Suites - each bedroom is eligible for entry. Common spaces can't be entered.
- Apartments - each bedroom is eligible for entry. Common spaces can't be entered.
- If your space wins, each person who occupies the bedroom space will win the prize (Ex: If your room wins third place, each occupant of the room gets their own $100 gift card.)
- All photos become the property of Iowa State University's Department of Residence and have the potential to be used in markting materials.
- No people should be in your photos - you will be disqualified if there are people in the photos
- Entries must be appropriate and follow ISU policies. If they do not, you will be disqualified.
- If you are one of the top three winners, you agree to have your room professionally photographed by March 5, 2018, by a designated Department of Residence photographer. Your prize will not be issued until the photo session is complete. You do not have to be in the photo session. Only your room will be. Rooms must be clean and organized for photo session.
- Any likes obtained that are not associated with actual Facebook accounts will be disqualified
Photography Styling Tips
- Make your bed
- Clean your room
- Pay attention to the small details - neatly stacked books, staged spaces, arranged pillows, centered rugs, things on the wall centered, etc.
- Pay attention to lighting - dark photos and spaces won't photograph as well
- 1st place - $300 to ISU Book Store
- 2nd Place - $200 to ISU Book Store
- 3rd Place - $100 to ISU Book Store
Prizes are awarded based on the number of "likes" the photo recieves when the contest is open for voting.
Questions? Contact Brittney Rutherford at email@example.com or ask us on social media!