Everything you need, all in one place!
Why live with us?
Gender-Inclusive Housing (GIH) is located in all of Freeman Hall. GIH is designed to provide a supportive and educational housing option for transgender, non-binary, and gender diverse individuals and welcomes cisgender allies who are interested in the missions and vision of GIH. It is a short walking distance from the Center for LGBTQIA+ Student Success and the Margaret Sloss Center for Women and Gender Equity
Students of all genders are welcome to live in GIH. Driven by student demand, one of the intentions of GIH is to help students find a truly compatible roommate, so roommate pairs may be of any gender. This option is not intended for romantic partners who wish to live together.
GIH is available to all ISU students who are eligible to live in on-campus housing. GIH is an opt-in community. To live in GIH, fill out the form below and we will add the preference to your contract.
*New starting for Fall 2023-Spring 2024 contracts – the GIH opt-in form is now a part of the On-Campus Housing Contract. Simply select Gender-Inclusive Housing on the Learning Community Request page and then fill out the Opt-In form. We also suggest listing Freeman Hall as your top Room Preferences.
Gender-Inclusive Housing Opt-In FormThis form is for anyone who would like to live in our Gender-Inclusive Housing, located in Freeman Hall. Students must opt-in through this form in order to be assigned to Freeman.
- Aerospace Engineering (Launch Pad)
- Agricultural Education and Studies (AGEDS)
- Agriculture & Biosystems Engineering
- Agriculture Community Encourages Success (ACES)
- CALS Transfer
- Chemical Engineering (ChE)
- Common Threads
- Computer Engineering Learning Teams (CELTs)
- Computer Science
- Connect Four
- Design Exchange
- Electrical Engineering
- Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN)
- Honors Cluster
- Honors House
- Leadership Through Engineering Academic Diversity (LEAD)
- Natural Resource Ecology & Management Freshmen Learning Community (NREM)
- Science of the Environment and Sustainable Systems