Why live with us?
The purpose of the CALS Transfer residential learning community is to assist new students in making a successful academic, social, and personal transition to Iowa State University. Activities include guest speakers, agriculture tours and social activities. Students in the CALS Transfer learning community will also enroll in a common section of ENGL 302 (Business Communication). The learning community will have a transfer student peer mentor that will support students with the transition to Iowa State University.
All transfer students in their first semester with a major in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS).
- Aerospace Engineering (Launch Pad)
- Agricultural Education and Studies (AGEDS)
- Agriculture & Biosystems Engineering
- Agriculture Community Encourages Success (ACES)
- CALS Transfer
- Chemical Engineering (ChE)
- Common Threads
- Computer Engineering Learning Teams (CELTs)
- Computer Science
- Connect Four
- Design Exchange
- Electrical Engineering
- Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN)
- Honors Cluster
- Honors House
- Leadership Through Engineering Academic Diversity (LEAD)
- Natural Resource Ecology & Management Freshmen Learning Community (NREM)
- Science of the Environment and Sustainable Systems
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) First-Year
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) Transfer