Protecting the health of our on-campus community is a shared responsibility. Be sure to follow the practices of the Cyclones Care campaign and have a healthy fall semester!
Our halls and apartments have the following mitigating strategies in place:
- Students moving into on-campus housing are required to be tested for COVID-19.
- Bedroom occupancy in halls and apartments is one or two people. Triple and quad residence-hall rooms are being used to house two people.
- Community bathrooms are deep cleaned daily with a secondary sanitization.
- Common areas are cleaned and sanitized daily, focusing on high-touch surfaces.
- Cleaning and sanitizing supplies are available for student use in all community bathrooms, suites, apartments and available at hall/apartment desks.
- Staff is required to perform a daily symptom check before working.
- Staff is expected to wear cloth face coverings in common areas.
- Students are expected to wear cloth face coverings when outside their rooms.
- All staff and students will maintain recommended physical distance as much as possible in common areas.
- Plexi shields are in use at public service desks where virtual service is not possible.
- House/floor/community meetings and events will be held virtually or in spaces where physical distancing is possible.
- Quarantine housing spaces are available for students who are symptomatic or have had a known exposure to COVID-19.
- Isolation housing spaces are available for students who test positive for COVID-19.
Face Covering Use
You are REQUIRED to wear a face covering:
- In all common areas (hallways, entryways, dens, kitchenettes, laundry rooms, etc), even if no one else is present.
- In bathrooms – when you’re not in the shower or brushing your teeth – even if no one is present.
- Outside if you aren’t maintaining a six-foot distance from your friends
You ARE NOT required to wear a face covering:
- Inside of your room
- When you are in the shower or brushing your teeth
Residents are permitted to host one guest per resident at any one time in their room/apartment. Guests are only allowed with the permission of other roommates. See full policy here.
Overnight guests are not permitted unless the another roommate is not spending the night. All overnight guests must be given permission by the other roommates in advance. See full policy here.
Open Until December 19
With adjustments to the academic calendar, we will be open until noon on December 19.. This gives you time to travel wherever you plan to go for break and continue to work in Ames if needed. Buchanan, Geoffroy, Wallace, Wilson, SUV and Frederiksen will all still be open over semester break.
Check out this website for comprehensive Iowa State resources about COVID-19.