THE REAL WORLD
THE REAL PAINS.
Frederiksen Court is an apartment community with a campus connection! These two and four-person apartments come fully furnished with all utilities included. Pets are welcome in specific apartments. Did we mention the amazing Freddy staff? They’re here to build community and help out when you need them.
- 4 person, 4 bedroom (most common) $5560
- 2 person, 2 bedroom $6025
- 2 person, 2 bedroom (pet friendly) $6305
- 4 person, 2 bedroom (two people share a bedroom) $5100
Rate Monthly breakdown
|Apartment Type||Academic Year Rate||Approximate |
|4 person, 2 bedroom||$5100||$567|
|2 person, 2 bedroom||$6025||$670|
|2 person, 2 bedroom – PET||$6305||$701|
|4 person, 4 bedroom||$5560||$618|
Monthly rate note – even though you don’t pay rent each month (it’s billed to your University bill), we wanted to break down the monthly rent for you. Remember, all utilities are included!
- Two Bedroom Shared: Four people occupy the apartment and two people share a bedroom.
- Two Bedroom Private: Two people occupy the apartment and each have their own bedroom.
- Two Bedroom Private, Pet: Two people occupy the apartment, each have their own bedroom and pets are welcome (buildings 71, 72, 73 and 74 two-bedroom options)
- Four Bedroom Private: Four people occupy the apartment, each have their own bedroom.
Every Frederiksen Court apartment comes fully furnished and includes its own washer and dryer:
- Living Room: 3 seat sofa, armchair, coffee and end tables, and table and floor lamps. Buildings 24, 35, 36, 81, 82 and 83 do not have lamps because they have ceiling lights in the living area.
- Bedrooms: xl-twin mattress and bed, desk and chair, file caddy, wardrobe, clothing drawers.
- Kitchen: all appliances including microwave, and breakfast bar and counter stools.
- Bathroom: shower curtain.
Bathrooms – Most apartments have double sinks, a separate room for the toilet and a separate room for the shower.
A majority of our apartments have a similar layout. However, in buildings, the 4-person apartments offer a corner or middle option. Click on the links below to view the different layouts.
Rent and Utilities
Rent is charged to your Ubill at the beginning of each semester and utilities are all included. You don’t every have to worry about extra bills!
The networks available (SSID) in the residence halls and Frederiksen Court are eduroam and IASTATE; Eduroam is suggested for your personal devices (like your laptop or phone) and IASTATE is recommended for game consoles, TVs, and other smart devices. For more information, click here.
Pets are welcome in the two-person, two-bedroom apartment layouts in buildings 71, 72, 73 and 74. Pets must comply with all policies found here. Note that there are four-person, four-bedroom apartment layouts in buildings 71, 72, 73 and 74. Pets are not allowed in the four-person, four-bedroom layouts.
You’re welcome to have roommates of any gender in two-person, two-bedroom and four-person, four-bedroom options. All roommates agree to this option.
Frederiksen Court Community Center
It’s like our community living room! You’ll find our staff offices, mail center and plenty of space to hang out. Residents can access the lounge spaces 24/7 with their ISUCard. It’s the perfect place to hang out with friends by the fireplace or study late. Outside, you’ll find a patio, basketball courts, sand volleyball courts and green space.
Hungry? ISU Dining has you covered with Hawthorn, our neighborhood market, cafe and convenience store located in the community center. Starbucks and a full breakfast, lunch and dinner menu along with everything you’d find at a convenience store are all part of Hawthorn.
Though a meal plan isn’t required to live in Frederiksen, you’ll want to check out ISU Dining’s meal plans designed for the apartment life. Hawthorn’s delicious menu (and Starbucks Frappuccinos) will keep you coming back for more! Buy a plan and save on every purchase.
Graduate Student Building
Building 22 in the Frederiksen Court community is designated for graduate students and those who are 21 and older. Questions? Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-2900.
Get In Touch
Office & Mailroom
2129 Hawthorn Court Drive
Ames, IA 50010
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: 1 – 5 p.m.
Phone: 515 294-2107
RA on Duty
Frederiksen Court Apartments – North: 515-290-1652
Frederiksen Court Apartments – South: 515-291-1611
RAs are on duty when the office is closed, hours will vary accordingly. For the RA on Duty numbers for the other areas, click here.
Resident’s Full Name
Street Address, Apartment #
Ames, IA Zip Code