THE REAL WORLD
THE REAL PAINS.
Frederiksen Court is an apartment community with a campus connection! These two and four-person apartments come fully furnished with all utilities included. Did we mention the amazing Freddy staff? They’re here to build community and help out when you need them.
- 4 bedroom, 4 person (most common) $6084
- 2 bedroom, 2 person (limited) $7434
- 2 bedroom, 4 person (two people share a bedroom) $4848
Proposed 21-22 Rates
We are proposing the following rate structure for the 2021-22 academic year.
|Apartment Type||This Year’s Rate||Next Year’s Rate||Next Year’s
|2 Bedroom Shared||$4848||$4950||$550||+ $102||+2.10%|
|2 Bedroom Private
(adding many more)
|$7434||$5850||$650||– $1584||– 21.31%|
|2 Bedroom Private Pet
|4 Bedroom Private||$6084||$5400||$600||– $684||– 11.24%|
- Next Year’s Monthly Rate: Even though you don’t pay rent each month because it’s billed via U-bill, it’s important to see the monthly rent breakdown.
- Two Bedroom Shared: Four people occupy the apartment and two people share a bedroom.
- Two Bedroom Private: Two people occupy the apartment and each have their own bedroom.
- Two Bedroom Private, Pet: Two people occupy the apartment, each have their own bedroom and pets would be welcome.
- Four Bedroom Private: Four people occupy the apartment, each have their own bedroom.
Both single gender and co-ed apartments are available. All roommates have to agree to live in a shared co-ed apartment unit.
Every Frederiksen Court apartment comes fully furnished and includes its own washer and dryer:
- Living Room: 3 seat sofa, armchair, coffee and end tables, and table and floor lamps.
- Bedrooms: xl-twin mattress and bed, desk and chair, file caddy, wardrobe, clothing drawers.
- Kitchen: all appliances including microwave, and breakfast bar and counter stools.
- Bathroom: shower curtain.
Buildings 24, 35, 36, 81, 82, and 83 have some slight differences from the other buildings.
- Living rooms have ceiling lights so lamps are not provided
- Flooring is solid-surface throughout (no carpet).
- Wardrobes have internal drawers so there are no drawers under the beds.
Bathrooms – Most apartments have double sinks, a separate room for the toilet and a separate room for the shower.
Apartment Square footage
Four Bedroom Apartments – The total square footage is 795. Bedrooms are 12.5 feet by 8 feet. The living room is 12.5 feet by 9.5 feet.
Two-Bedroom Apartments – The total square footage is 795. Bedrooms are 12 feet by 14.5 feet. The living room is 14.5 feet by 9.5 feet.
Rent and Utilities
Rent is charged to your Ubill at the beginning of each semester and all utilities are all included. You don’t every have to worry about extra bills!
Frederiksen Court Community Center
It’s like our community living room! You’ll find our staff offices, mail center and plenty of space to hang out. Residents can access the lounge spaces 24/7 with their ISUCard. It’s the perfect place to hang out with friends by the fireplace or study late. Outside, you’ll find a patio, basketball courts, sand volleyball courts and green space.
Hungry? ISU Dining has you covered with Hawthorn, our neighborhood market, cafe and convenience store located in the community center. Starbucks and a full breakfast, lunch and dinner menu along with everything you’d find at a convenience store are all part of Hawthorn.
Though a meal plan isn’t required to live in Frederiksen, you’ll want to check out ISU Dining’s meal plans designed for the apartment life. Hawthorn’s delicious menu (and Starbucks Frappuccinos) will keep you coming back for more! Buy a plan and save on every purchase.
Graduate Student Building
Building 22 in the Frederiksen Court community is designated for graduate students and those who are 21 and older. Questions? Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-2900.
Get In Touch
Winter break hall desk and mailroom hours can be found here.
Office & Mailroom
2129 Hawthorn Court Drive
Ames, IA 50010
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Phone: 515 294-2107
CA on Duty
Frederiksen Court Apartments – North: 515-290-1652
Frederiksen Court Apartments – South: 515-291-1611
CAs are on duty when the office is closed, hours will vary accordingly. For the CA on Duty numbers for the other areas, click here.
Resident’s Full Name
Street Address, Apartment #
Ames, IA Zip Code