This section is for people who may need to arrive before the official move-in dates and/or for people who might need temporary housing due to a gap in their off-campus lease. You need to read this information and fill out the form below.
During this time, the 2019-20 on-campus housing contract terms and conditions for residence halls and apartments are in effect. Everyone who arrives early and/or uses temporary housing will be charged per night from the date they check in until their official move-in date. These charges are placed on the September U-bill. You can reduce these charges by being part of Move-In Crew.
Temporary Housing is available for any ISU student including all international students and students with a gap in their off-campus lease.
- Location = Willow Hall
- Style = all rooms are single gender, double occupancy, with two single beds in each room, both of which will be lofted with furniture underneath each bed. Only the provided furniture is allowed in the rooms.
- Students with lease gaps who need to store apartment furniture can utilize the Hanson Storage Event.
- Cost = $25 per person, per night.
- Dates = July 25 – August 14
- Check-In = Begins at 7 a.m. on Thursday, July 25, 2019
- Check-Out = Before 8 p.m. on Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- YOU MUST CHECK-OUT BY THIS TIME. If you have 2019-20 on-campus housing, you will immediately transition to your permanent assignment and begin Early Arrival Housing (effective August 14, 2019).
- If you have a disability and need special/medical housing accommodations you must notify staff in advance (at least 5 weekdays). You may be required to contact the Student Accessibility Services (SAS) office (515-294-7220) to provide documentation.
- Emotional Support Animals are only permitted into Temporary Housing if you are registered with SAS and have received approval for an ESA.
Early Arrival is available only to students who have an on-campus assignment for fall 2019.
- Location = you will check directly into your 2019-20 permanent assignment.
- Cost = $25 per person, per night
- Dates = Aug. 16 – Aug. 19
- Check-in is available 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day.
- You have 90 minutes to unload your car and then it must be relocated to long-term parking at the Iowa State Center or Jack Trice Stadium so others can park close and move in.
- Women arriving for Sorority Recruitment will receive their move-in information from the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Engagement.
- The fees previously paid to participate in Sorority Recruitment do not cover the cost of Early Arrival housing.