Iowa State will be open for in-person classes this fall and we’re excited to welcome you to your Cyclone Home! The health of our community is a shared responsibility.
Our halls and apartments will have the following mitigating strategies in place:
- Students moving into on-campus housing will be required to be tested for COVID-19.
- Bedroom occupancy in halls and apartments will be one or two people. Triple and quad residence-hall rooms will be used to house two people.
- Community bathrooms will be deep cleaned daily with a secondary sanitization.
- Common areas will be cleaned and sanitized daily, focusing on high-touch surfaces.
- Cleaning and sanitizing supplies will be available for student use in all community bathrooms, suites, apartments and available at hall/apartment desks.
- Staff will be required to perform a daily symptom check before working.
- Staff will be expected to wear cloth face coverings in common areas.
- Students will be expected to wear cloth face coverings in common spaces.
- All staff and students will maintain recommended physical distance as much as possible in common areas.
- Plexi shields will be used at public service desks where virtual service is not possible.
- House/floor/community meetings and events will be held virtually or in spaces where physical distancing is possible.
- Quarantine housing spaces will be available for students who are symptomatic or have had a known exposure to COVID-19.
- Isolation housing spaces will be available for students who test positive for COVID-19.
- Residents are permitted to host one guest per resident at any one time in their room/apartment. Guests are only allowed with the permission of other roommates. See full policy here.
- Overnight guests are not permitted unless the another roommate is not spending the night. All overnight guests must be given permission by the other roommates in advance. See full policy here.
- Move in dates can be found here.
- The move-in process can be found here.
- The contract addendum can be found here.
Below is a list of emails we have sent out to students starting from July 10. We will keep this page updated as new emails are sent.
- July 10 Email - Move In Schedule
- July 16 Email - Move In Form Information / Contract Addendum
- July 21 Email - From ISU Fall Planning, Testing & Move In Information
- July 29 Email - From Cyclone Health, new CDC testing exemptions and move-in information
Open Until December 19
With adjustments to the academic calendar, we will be open until noon on December 19.. This gives you time to travel wherever you plan to go for break and continue to work in Ames if needed. Buchanan, Geoffroy, Wallace, Wilson, SUV and Frederiksen will all still be open over semester break.
Please use this form and we'll get back to you!