Summer 2019 Contracts and Assignments
Why go through the hassle of subleasing off-campus? Summer is more convenient and less-expensive once you factor in travel time, safety, cable, internet, and utilities, etc.
- Housing will be in Buchanan Hall and in Frederiksen Court (FC), Schilletter Village (SV) and University Village (UV) apartments.
- FC, SV, and UV ARE NOT AVAILABLE as summer only assignments.
- To be eligible to live in these locations, you must live there spring 2019 or be assigned there for fall 2019.
- Students of any age may live in Buchanan Hall.
- Students must be at least 19 or a sophomore as of June 1, 2019 to live in FC or UV.
- Only families may live in SV.
- A minimum two-week stay is required for summer. Residents staying less than two weeks will still be charged for two full weeks.
- Summer enrollment is not required for residents who lived on-campus or were on ISU-approved waiver spring 2019.
- Summer enrollment IS REQUIRED for newly-admitted students or students who lived off-campus spring 2019.
- To lessen the number of times you will be required to move, and to eliminate unnecessary work for DOR staff, summer assignments are made as follows:
- If your fall 2019 assignment is available, you will move there for summer.
- If your fall 2019 assignment is unavailable, you will stay in your spring 2019 assignment.
- If neither your fall nor spring 2019 assignments are available you will be assigned to Buchanan Hall.
- This includes spring 2019 apartment residents who contract late and their apartments has been assigned to the fall 2019 resident.
- The Private or Shared designation of your UV apartment will be the same as the designation of your spring 2019 UV apartment. If you do not have a spring 2019 assignment in UV, then the designation will be the same as your fall 2019 UV apartment.
- Your assignment isn't final until you check-in. The condition of spaces can't be known until the current residents leave.
- If the space is not ready, we may have to reassign you.
Meal Plans are not required in any on-campus houisng location during the summer. If you wish to purchase a Block Plan or Dining Dollars, you can do so in AccessPlus. Descriptions of these options can be found on the ISU Dining website.
Qualified ADA Housing Requests - If you qualify for an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and wish for that to be considered when your assignment is made, please submit a Housing Accommodation Request Form and documentation to Student Accessibility Services.
- The 2018-19 On-Campus Housing Terms and Conditions include summer 2019. Cancel deadlines are:
- May 1 = Entire Summer and Session 1 Only
- June 1= Session 2 Only
- While there is no cancellation penalty for summer, charges begin to accrue as of the scheduled move-in date, even if I have not yet moved in.
- These charges are non-refundable and continue to accrue until you have cancelled my contract and completed a proper move-out (if moved-in).
Summer Conference Housing - The above information is specifically for students, but Iowa State University is the perfect location for your next meeting or event! Whether it is sports camps, business meetings or an organizational function, our Conference Services staff offers quality accommodations, in an academic setting, at an exceptional price. For more information, please visit our Conference Services Web site.