In University owned/operated apartments, to avoid the cancellation penalty, residents with an active contract may find another eligible, non-contracted, ISU student to assume their contract.
Contracts Currently Available for Assumption
Below is a list of individuals who are currently seeking someone to assume their University owned/operated apartment. If you are interested in the apartment they have available, please contact them directly via the email address they have provided. They can provide you with additional details regarding their specific space. We cannot guarantee that the apartments listed below are still available, only that we have not yet been contacted to finalize an assumption.
|Fall 2018||FC||2425||4 Bedroom||F||Jacieemail@example.com|
|Fall 2018||FC||1316||4 Bedroom||F||Laurafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fall 2018||FC||8111||4 Bedroom||F||Madisonemail@example.com|
|Fall 2018||FC||3422||2 Bedroom||F||Carli|
Taken from the On-Campus Housing Contract Terms and Conditions:
Section VI. F. Contract Assumption ~ FREDERIKSEN COURT, LEGACY, and SUV ONLY
- Apartment residents wanting to cancel their contract and remain enrolled may avoid cancellation penalties by finding a non-contracted, eligible student to assume their contracts. The cancelling resident is released from the contract once the assuming student submits a contract. At that time, the new resident becomes responsible for all of the contract terms. The following conditions apply:
- The resident must notify the DOR, PRIOR TO CANCELLATION, of their intention to find someone to assume the contract.Once the resident cancels their contract, they forfeit the assumption option.
- Prior to move-in, the resident will have until the first day of classes to complete an assumption. Otherwise, the resident must check-in or cancel their contract and be charged the cancellation penalty.
- The DOR assumes no responsibility for finding someone to assume the contrat. However, residents can submit a flyer (template on-line) to firstname.lastname@example.org. DOR will post the flyer on http://housing.iastate.edu/contracts/assumptions and refer eligible students to the site.
- In Frederiksen and Legacy, the resident assuming the contract must be the same gender as the remaining residents. In SUV SHARED apartments, the resident assuming the contract must be the same gender as the remaining resident, unless the remaining resident emails email@example.com agreeing to accept a roommate of a different gender.
Do not cancel your contract until you have completed this process. Once you have cancelled your contract, you no longer have a contract to assume.
- If you have already identified someone to assume your contract, skip to step four, otherwise, using the templates below, or one of your own design, create a flyer advertising your apartment as available for assumption.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your desire to have your contract assumed. Your email should include:
- Your full name and ISU ID#
- Your assigned apartment information
- An attached copy of your completed flyer
- Post your flyer anywhere you think it will get attention.
- The DOR will post your flyer outside of the main office at 2419 Friley Hall and will include your information on this web page.
- When you find someone to assume your contract, the two of you will need to complete the Housing Contract Assumption Form and submit it to the DOR via one of the methods detailed on the bottom of the form.
Once you have completed this process, provided you and the person assuming your contract meet all of the requirements outlined in the Contract Assumption Policy, you will be released from your contract without penalty.