Campus LIFe diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice advisory council
Advisory Council Overview
The Campus Life Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice Advisory Council is a broadly representative, deliberative council within the Campus Life area within the Division of Student Affairs that meets monthly to discuss matters that concern the Campus Life, Student Affairs, and University community especially with regards to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice. The council consists of representatives from the Campus Life units Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committees, student representatives from Student Government/RA Advisory Board/IRHA, and colleagues from Equal Opportunity and the Office of Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
The goals of the Advisory Council shall include:
- Advising the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Campus Life and team on issues occurring in the Campus Life community, and more broadly within the Division of Student Affairs and University community as it pertains to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice and suggest ways to promote diversity and develop a welcoming and inclusive campus climate.
- Serving as a sounding board and a collaborator/partner with the Campus Life Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion on new or ongoing initiatives.
Advisory Council Members
- Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Campus Life (Chair)
- TBD- Department of Residence Representative
- TBD- Department of Residence Representative
- Terrasa Mouw-Grewell- ISU Dining
- Nolan Green- ISU Dining
- Jessica Erickson- Memorial Union
- Hayley Goddard- Memorial Union
- Nayra T. Lujano- Resident Assistant Advisory Board
- Brooke Wilson- IRHA
- Tom Sun- Student Government
- Alejandra Flores- Student Government
- E. Jake Cummings- Equal Opportunity
- Amber Davis- Equal Opportunity
- TBD- VPDEI Representative
Department of Residence Diversity & Inclusion Committee
The Department of Residence (DoR) Diversity and Inclusion committee is committed to enhancing and uplifting the development of students and staff by cultivating diversity, equity and inclusion values that emphasize holistic growth and development. The holistic growth and development are focused in the areas of the Principles of Community- respect, purpose, cooperation, richness of diversity, freedom from discrimination and honest and respectful expression of ideas.
The committee provides opportunities for staff, in the Department of Residence; to participate in an open dialogue around social justice, diversity, and inclusion. Conversations around relevant and important diversity topics help prepare professionals to approach their work in an inclusive manner.
The committee continues to align with the Division of Student Affairs strategic themes, National Housing Training Institute competencies, and the vision, mission and philosophy of the Department of Residence.
- Justin Roberson- Residence Life
- Leah Weeks- Administrative Services
- Julie Hartl- Facilities
- Jennifer Finnestad- Facilities
- Kpandi Lumeh- Residence Life
- Hollyanne Metzger- Technology Services
- Brady Hubbard – Residence Life
- Scott Fair- Facilities
- Harlee Drury- Facilities
- Michael Isaza- Residence Life
- Hortencia Lara- Residence Life
ISU Dining Diversity, Equity & Inclusion COMMITTEE
We respectfully embrace our differences, learn from one another, and seek to provide a safe and welcoming environment while offering a globally influenced cuisine to enhance the educational and cultural experiences that reflect our diverse community.
- Terrasa Mouw-Grewell, Manager, Student Engagement (Chair)
- Tori Tafoya, Manager, Quality Assurance & Food Safety
- Nolan Green, Associate Director of Culinary Development
- Angie Witt, Manager of Campus Cafes, Heaping Plato, Lance & Ellie’s
Memorial Union Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
The Memorial Union Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee seeks to provide an environment that allows students, faculty, and staff to engage in a respectful, purpose-driven community emphasizing the richness of diversity that is integral to Iowa State University and the Campus Life team.
The committee is focused on providing welcoming and accessible spaces, the retention and recruitment of diverse staff, additional training and education for staff, and clear and equitable policies and procedures for all our spaces and functional roles.
The MU DEI committee is comprised of members from various departments within the Memorial Union, including Event Management, Student Engagement, Technology Services, Business Services, and Marketing.
- Reed Blanchard, Student Engagement
- Casey Dague, Technology Services
- Jessica Erickson, Event Management, Co-Chair
- Hayley Goddard, Student Engagement, Co-Chair
- Laura Helmus, Business Services
- Sophia Sarver, Student Engagement