Think you have the best room on campus? Show it off and you could win!
Enter the contest using this link!
- Entries accepted through 11:59 p.m. on Feb. 16, 2023
- Judges will choose the top entries on Feb. 17, 2023, to move on for final voting.
- One photo from each entry will be made available for public voting. The top pictures move onto the next round, where voting will be available on the Iowa States Department of Residence Instagram, @mycyclonehome
- Public voting will happen on the Department of Residence Facebook.
- Winners will be announced once votes are tallied
- Winning rooms agree to be professionally photographed. Prizes are awarded once room is photographed.
- You must submit at least one photo of your room. In your entry, you will also upload the photo you want used in the public voting portion of the contest should you be selected as one of the finalists.
- Only one entry per room will be accepted.
- Residence Halls – entire room is eligible for entry
- Suites – each bedroom is eligible for entry. Common spaces can’t be entered.
- Apartments – each bedroom is eligible for entry. Common spaces can’t be entered.
- If your space wins, each person who occupies the bedroom space will win the prize (Ex: If your room wins third place, each occupant of the room gets their own gift card.)
- All photos become the property of Iowa State University’s Department of Residence and have the potential to be used in markting materials.
- No people should be in your photos – you will be disqualified if there are people in the photos
- Entries must be appropriate and follow ISU policies. If they do not, you will be disqualified.
- If you are one of the top three winners, you agree to have your room professionally photographed by a designated Department of Residence photographer. Your prize will not be issued until the photo session is complete. You do not have to be in the photo session. Only your room will be. Rooms must be clean and organized for photo session.
- Any likes obtained that are not associated with actual Facebook accounts will be disqualified
Photography Styling Tips
- Make your bed
- Clean your room
- Pay attention to the small details – neatly stacked books, staged spaces, arranged pillows, centered rugs, things on the wall centered, etc.
- Pay attention to lighting – dark photos and spaces won’t photograph as well
- 1st place – $300 Gift Card
- 2nd Place – $200 Gift Card
Prizes are awarded based on the number of “likes” the photo recieves when the contest is open for voting.
Questions? Contact Chad Bauman at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask us on social media!