A desk assistant provides information, mail services, and supportive administrative assistance to all residents. These functions are varied and extensive. Some responsibilities include:
- Acting as a resource person with knowledge about Iowa State University, as well as the residence hall activities, groups, meeting places, and offices
- Sorting and distributing letters, packages, and special deliveries to residents
- Managing hall desk monies and the sale of stamps and various other supplies
- Handling student room, access and bathroom key checkout and replacement
- Checking out tools, movies, games and various other intramural equipment
- Dealing with stduent concerns as they may relate to the hall desk or residence hall system in general.
A desk assistant also works closely with a staff of fellow hall desk employees and the hall desk supervisor to develop a cohesive team that serves the residents. For more information, please contact the hall desk near you.