Meet the Staff
My Hometown: Orlando, FL
My major: Psychology
Why did I choose ISU: I really admired the social justice aspect of the student affairs program, and I wanted to experience living in a different region/state.
What I like best about working at at ISU: The connections I am able to make with my student staff.
How working at ISU has prepared me for my future: Being a Graduate Hall Director (HD) is one of the most demanding, chaotic, fun, and rewarding jobs out there. As a HD I am tasked with overseeing residence halls, connecting with students, supervising a staff, hearing conduct cases, being on a rotating duty schedule, resolving conflicts, planning programs/events, and so forth. Due to the varied responsibilities of HDs, I now have a diverse and transferable skill set – making me a more marketable, viable option when I job searching.
- Psychology, B.A. University of South Florida (Graduated: 5/2017)
- Higher Education – Student Affairs, M.Ed. Iowa State University (Expected Graduation: 5/2019)
- Friley Hall Desk Supervisor 7/2017-5/2018
- NODA Summer Intern @ University of Southern Indiana 5/2018-7/2018
- Barton-Lyon-Freeman Graduate Hall Director 7/2018-5/2019
- I-Days Co-coordinator, Practicum Student for the Office of Equal Opportunity