Student Office Assistants
Serving as primary reception for specific DOR offices, Student Office Assistants serve as the face of the DOR and ISU to students, families, faculty, staff and others. They help us create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere when greeting visitors with professionalism and enthusiasm.
Necessary qualifications include:
- Good academic standing: a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or better is required.
- Availability to work 10 – 20 hours per week.
- On-campus living experience at ISU preferred, but not required.
- Excitement and pride for ISU and a willingness to learn about and share all aspects of the Cyclone experience.
- Ability to present and represent ISU and DOR.
- Understanding and appreciation of the diverse experiences of students, visitors, and members of university communities.
- Customer service, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Dependability, flexibility, unflappability, and self-confidence.
- Attention to detail and organization – including knowledge of the alphabet. ;-)
The Student Office Assistant position is a great springboard to other career opportunities – regardless of your field of interest. By working in our offices you will: sharpen your interpersonal communication and customer service skills, enhance your problem-solving abilities, learn more about campus and DOR resources, develop professional relationships with students and staff, acquire valuable leadership skills and work in a fun and challenging atmosphere with great people.
During the academic year, students work part-time (10-20 hours per week). Full-time employment (up to 40 hours per week) may be available in the summer (mid May to mid August).
Student Office Assistant positions are available in the following locations:
DOR Administrative Services Office
- Located at 2419 Friley Hall
- Office hours are Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- For more information email email@example.com, call 515-294-2900, or visit 2419 Friley Hall