The convenience, connection, and support of the residence halls in a more independent, apartment environment!
Here are some of the things all of our apartment communities have in common:
- To be eligible to live in a DOR apartment, you must be at least 19 years old or in your second year of college.
- All communities have full-time staff and Community Advisers who live on-site.
- All apartment contracts are academically friendly - you can cancel without penalty if you leave ISU.
- All apartments (except SUV) come furnished.
- All utilities (except SUV gas) are included in the apartment rate.
- All apartment fees (except SUV gas) are conveniently billed to your Ubill.
- Meal plans are encouraged, but are not required in any apartment community.
Visit the community pages below for furnishings, amenities, and floor plans.
University Owned Apartments
Frederiksen Court - Located on the north end of campus, "Freddy" as it's known by the residents, offers fully-furnished, four-person apartments with either two or four bedrooms.
University Village offers two-person, two-bedroom townhouse style apartments. Students can choose to have same or mixed-gender roommates as well as pet or non-pet apartments.
- Schilletter Village houses students and their families in two-bedroom, one level style apartments.
University Operated Apartments
Due to increased demand for DOR provided housing, additional space was needed. To handle this demand, we leased several whole buildings in the off-campus community and are offering this space as on-campus housing. These communities are fully staffed and offer all of the benefits of living on campus such as:
Legacy Tower - Located a block south of campus on Stanton Avenue in Campustown, Legacy offers private bedrooms in one, two, three, four and five person apartments.
Iowa State West Apartments - all ISU West apartments are located in West Ames. All apartments are single-gender and non-pet.
- Maricopa - On Maricopa Drive, off of Mortensen Road, Maricopa offers private bedrooms in one, two, and four person apartments.
- Walton - On Walton Drive, off Mortensen Road, Walton offers private bedrooms in two and three person apartments.
- Mayfield, Pointe West, Twain Circle & West Ridge - West of South Dakota and north of Mortensen in West Ames, these buildings offer private bedrooms in two, three, and four person apartments.
- Tripp - Located at 3732 Tripp St, of Lincoln Way and behind West HyVee, this building offers private bedrooms in four person apartments.