It's more than a room!
Living on campus is so much more than a room! You’re part of a community, our staff is here to support you, it’s easy to get involved, and statistics show that on-campus students have a lot going for them.
Almost 95% of all new freshmen live on-campus and almost 50% of current residents decide to come back to on-campus housing for the next year. This is the greatest compliment our residents could give us!
Over 12,000 ISU students choose to make on-campus housing their "Cyclone" home. Why should you live on campus?
- Location, location, location - Be close to classes, food, friends and fun.
- Friends - Someone's always around to study, chat or just hang out with.
- Convenience - time and stress: no monthly bills (except SUV), utilities included, restaurant quality dining with no prep or clean-up.
- Support - We'll help you get the support you need both personally and academically.
- Leadership - Build your resume! Involvement opportunities are endless.
Convenience, connection, community, and support are characteristics of on-campus living. We're more than just a place to live, on-campus housing is a vital part of your Cyclone experience! Plus, you're living on-campus so you're connected to what's happening on-campus and you're close to class, campus events, Campustown and your friends!
Take a Look Around!
Admissions offers Daily Campus Visits that include a Residence Hall Tour. A student guide will take you through a residence hall room, a commons area, and a dining center. Reservations are required. Please note: It isn't possible to see a specific room. Most of our locations are occupied year-round by residents/conference guests. For video tours of our halls and apartments, watch our "ISU Cribs" series on the DOR YouTube channel.