SUV Move-Out Procedures
At major move out times in August, December and May check out information will be sent to all residents on record as moving. At all other times, residents are responsible for contacting the SUV office for check out procedures and cleaning information.
- Visit the SUV Community Center office and complete your move out paperwork.
- Email your CA to schedule a Pre-Vacate Consultation.
- Thoroughly clean your apartment, prior to your check out, according to the below checklist.
- Go to the SUV Community Center to turn in all apartment, mailbox and bedroom keys issued to you. Keep your access card.
- Residents vacating after office hours can return keys in a clearly marked envelope with name and apartment number to the drop box located directly outside the SUV Community Center main entrance.
- Submit a mail forwarding card for the Ames Post Office.
- After you have gone, SUV staff will conduct the FINAL inspection on your apartment or your bedroom/bathroom, whichever is appropriate for your apartment situation.
- Condition forms and Cleaning Checklists are used to do these inspections.
- You will be charged for damages or required cleaning not done. Photos will be taken to support cleaning charges.
SUV Cleaning Checklist & Information
- Clean all light switches, fixtures, thermostat and electrical outlet covers.
- Clean all floors & vacuum carpet.
- Dust all surfaces (baseboards, casings around doors, heat registers, blinds, etc.)
- Clean marks off walls.
- Dust and clean the inside and outside of all closets including floors, shelves and woodwork.
- Clean dirt from sliding glass door tracks, vacuum screen and clean window
Recommended Products: Easy Off Oven Cleaner, SOS pads, Lysol Kitchen Cleaner, and 409 Cleaner/Degreaser
- Clean inside and outside of all drawers and cupboards.
- Clean all surfaces including: windows, sills, doors, walls and storage unit near kitchen.
- Clean marks & grease off all walls and surfaces.
- Clean sink and faucet.
- Sweep and wash/mop floor and baseboards.
- (Call Service Center at 515-294-3322, to have refrigerator unhooked and moved out to clean.)
- Wash ALL surfaces inside and outside. Including inside and under drawers, doors and shelves.
- Sweep or mop behind refrigerator
- Remove front grill, clean floor and drip pan
- Please DO NOT disconnect or shut off the refrigerator (at vacate.)
- (Call Service Center at 294-3322, to have stove unhooked and moved out to clean.)
- Clean the inside and outside of the entire oven including knobs, range hood (SV) and wall filter (UV)
- Wipe off the stovetop with degreaser/all purpose cleaner (including beneath the burners & drip pans.)
- Clean broiler pan and drawer.
- Remove broiler drawer and clean floor beneath oven
- Dust and clean all surfaces, including closets, floors (vacuum where applicable.) and windows.
- Clean marks off walls (do not fill nail holes, spackle or paint the wall.)
Recommended Products: Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Cleaner, Lysol Basin Tub & Tile Cleaner, Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Windex Antibacterial Glass and Surface Cleaner, Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Clean exhaust fan
- Sweep and wash/mop the floor in the entire bathroom area including baseboards
- Clean dirt and marks off walls
- Polish towel racks and toilet paper holder
- Thoroughly clean, scrub and rinse entire bathtub and shower area
- Thoroughly clean/disinfect entire toilet including seat, rim, inside and outside of bowl
- Clean and wipe out the all drawers and cabinets (inside and outside.)
- Clean/wipe down all mirrors and countertops with all purpose cleaners
- Clean/wipe down sink & faucets.
Recommended Products: Lysol All Purpose Cleaner, Spic & Span, Pine-Sol
- Sweep floors and stairs
- After sweeping, mop with a general purpose cleaner
- Vacuum any carpeted floors, including inside all closets
- Use all-purpose cleaners to clean/wipe down stairs and railings
Recommended Products: Goo Gone, Lysol All Purpose Cleaner, 409 All Purpose Cleaner
- Use “Goo Gone” to remove sticky residues on wall
- Spot clean walls using all-purpose cleaner
- Wipe walls with a non-abrasive sponge
- Vent location: shower room, toilet room, laundry area, bedrooms and living room
- Sweep across vent with a broom or brush or vacuum brush attachment
- Use care: The vents are sharp and can cut fingers!
- Remove all items
- Sweep and pull out weeds