Spring 2019 Preferencing
If you change assignments, you must vacate your current space
BEFORE 12:00 noon on December 15
EVEN IF YOUR NEW SPACE IS NOT READY TO MOVE INTO.
If you can't move out of your current space
by December 15, you should not make a room change.
- You still MUST move out of your current space BEFORE 12:00 noon on Saturday, December 15.
Move to a Residence Hall = If you select a residence hall, you can contact the appropriate hall desk to find out when your new space will be available.
- Take all of your things home with you over Winter Break and check into the new room in January.
- Ask a friend if you can store your things in their room.
- Store your things off-campus
For check-out procedures, visit http://housing.iastate.edu/forms/move/out-fall.
November 26 - December 5, log onto A+ and select Search assignments to move spring to find spaces where the current resident is leaving at semester’s end.
If you change your mind once you reserve a space, you can cancel the reservation by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and ID number in your email.
- Residents with anticipated vacancies in their rooms can use A+ to pull in roommates.
- You may continue to pull-in roommates until the space has been selected / assigned to a new student.
- If the space in your room doesn't show as available, it may be because your roommate hasn't cancelled.
- Remind them to use A+ to cancel their contract.
- If you do not select your own a roommate, your space must be ready for a new resident before you leave for winter break.
- If you have a vacancy in your room, YOU WILL RECEIVE A ROOMMATE for spring.
- Residents in the halls can reserve on their current house.
- Apartment residents can reserve in their same neighborhood.
- Frederiksen can select from Frederiksen and University Village can select University Village.
- All anticipated vacancies available for selection.