The Charles O. Campbell-Madge Young Scholarship
The Charles O. Campbell-Madge Young Scholarship was established in honor of Charles O. Campbell, president of the ISU Men's Residence Association from 1958-1959, and Madge Young, Hall Director for Roberts Hall from 1939-1943 and 1946-1947 and Resident Advisor in Friley from 1948-1953.
Eligible residence hall students are encouraged to apply for this $1,000 scholarship. The award will be applied to the recipients' spring semester bill.
The eligibility requirements are:
- Applicant must live on-campus at the time of application and be contracted to live on-campus the following academic semester.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need (as determined by the administering authority).
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated exemplary leadership skills as determined by the administering authority and as evidenced by their active participation in student organizations and/or activities:
- Leadership skills include directing actions, holding office, chairing committees, and/or receipt of awards.
- Student organizations and activities include the Student Government, National Residence Hall Honorary-Order of the Rose and Chessman (NRHH-ORC), house cabinet, hall council, community council, the Inter-Residence Hall Association, and/or other University sanctioned student organizations.
- One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded for the 2018-2019 year.
To apply applicants must:
- Provide a letter of recommendation from Community Adviser, Hall Director, Apartment Community Manager, or Graduate Assistant in the Department of Residence, or from a current member of NRHH-ORC.
- Letters of Recommendation must be submitted to the NRHH-ORC Advisor. Letters may be submitted electronically via email (email@example.com) or via campus mail (Schilletter-University Village Community Center, 2116 Edenburn Dr., Ames, IA 50010).
- Complete and submit the online form below by Monday, April 1, 2019.