Meet the Staff
My Hometown: York, Nebraska
Why did I choose ISU: I chose ISU because I wanted to get back to a large, public campus in the Midwest. ISU has a dynamic student body and when I stepped on to campus for my interview it felt like my new home.
What I like best about working at at ISU: My favorite part is that every day is different and I don’t get into the rut of doing the same thing all the time. I also enjoy that my colleagues are so supportive and helpful if I need anything. I get to impact students on a daily basis.
How working at ISU has prepared me for my future: I think the HD position has and continues to increase my critical thinking skills. I am able to solve problems looking at all the pieces, to have successful long term solutions for many. Adaptability and flexibility are two things that tested frequently in residence life and this will also help me in all future endeavors, both professionally and personally.
Ames/Des Moines community activities I participate in: Take Back the Night FM Curling League Streets Alive
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Print Advertising with Lee Enterprises
- Residence Life with Concordia College
- Habitat for Humanity
- Project Kindle
- Camp Olympia Kiwanis
- Lincoln People’s City Mission
- Nebraska Leadership Seminars Inc.
- North Dakota Women In Need Fund Board Member
- Social Justice and Diversity Committee Member
- UMR-ACUHO Case Study Winner
- Artists in the Modern day Society – Concordia Symposium concurrent session
- Queering the Classroom Narrative – Concordia Faculty Workshop
- Power and Privilege – LeadNow Concordia Presentation
- 2015 MLK Day Session – Concordia College