Meet the Staff
My Hometown: Osage, Iowa
My major: Spanish
Why did I choose ISU: I chose Iowa State because the first time I stepped on campus I felt like I was at home. Everyone was so friendly, energetic and passionate about being a Cyclone. Iowa State has been a great place for me academically, socially and professionally. I love being able to welcome and inspire a new group of Cyclones in my role as a Community Adviser.
What I like best about working at at ISU: My favorite part of my jobs with the Department of Residence is that I'm constantly interacting with people. I love serving as a resource and mentor for students and their families. My jobs and campus volunteer experiences have provided me with a plethora of knowledge about campus that I love being able to share with others.
How working at ISU has prepared me for my future: Both of my jobs with the Department of Residence allow me to interact with people with different backgrounds and different life experiences. My time with the Department of Residence has encouraged me to pursue a career in the field of student affairs.
- Bachelor of Arts - Spanish & Religious Studies - Iowa State University
- Community Adviser - Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa (April 2015 - present)
- Office Assistant - Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa (May 2017 - present)
- Student Admissions Representatives (STARS), Iowa State University (August 2015 - present)
- National Residence Hall Honorary (January 2017 - present)
- Community Adviser Recognition Committee - Iowa State University (January 2016 - present)
- NACURH Conference, Iowa State University Inter-Residence Hall Association Delegation Member (2017)
- NACURH Conference, Iowa State University Inter-Residence Hall Association Delegation Member (2016)
- "Recognizing the Stars in Your Atmosphere" - NACURH Conference, 2017